But most of you probably already knew that, considering I’ve been talking about it on Twitter and Facebook, and am not exactly timely in getting this post up. But yep, it’s most definitely a boy, no question about it, little guy was not shy at all and David was quite proud.
So, I have thoughts and they are thus:
1. Yay! A boy! I know deep down that’s what David wanted and I’m so happy he’ll have a little guy to teach to be a man and I’ll get to find out what it’s like to mother a boy. It will be different and fun and exciting.
2. I guess this means I’ll have to make some changes to the nursery to make it less girly and more neutral. I still intend to have Meredith share the room with the baby for awhile, until she gets old enough to move her into her own room (and when I have the energy to turn our guest room into a kids’ room). Kind of a bummer that the kids won’t always be able to share a room.
3. A little worried because it seems like boys are more energetic overall and I’m just a really calm, laid-back person. I’m not the type of mom to play rough and tumble or to be running around all the time. Maybe Meredith will have a calming effect on him.
4. Boy names are not nearly as fun as girl names. This part is going to be tough.
5. Can’t reuse all of Meredith’s clothes either. Although I do have two nephews so that will help in the hand-me-down department.
6. I still just can’t imagine what it’ll be like to have a boy…but I guess I will find out!