I said I wasn’t going to make goals for this year, but I changed my mind. I’m allowed to do that, right?
I already knew this, but I was reminded recently that my personality thrives on detailed goals. And since I’m really hoping that this is the year we get out of survival mode, I went ahead and wrote out some ideas. The idea is that by writing them out (and making them visible) I’ll make some sort of forward progress, even if I don’t complete everything.
So here are my 2016 goals:
- Pay off our USAA credit card
- Continue debt snowball
- Make monthly budgets
- Declutter/KonMari the entire house
- Fully decorate & set up the master bedroom
- Have the kids spend the night with grandparents at least once per month
- Write love notes to David
- Start traditions to celebrate small holidays and the entire church year
- Move more (ideas: weekly yoga, daily small challenges, getting 10,000 steps)
- Eat less sweets
- Drink more water
- Read 45 books
- Have a daily quiet time habit
- Find a mantra to keep me from snapping in times of stress
Not all of these are measurable, I know. I am still in the process of figuring out how I want to go about some of them, but I wanted to write down the ultimate goals anyway. If you have any ideas for me I’d love to hear! And I’ll try my best to update on my progress throughout the year.
share and enjoy!