Are you a brand-loyal type of person? I think most people are for some things. Personally, I like to try a bunch of different products until I find what I consider the best, and then I stick to it. That’s how we landed on Viva® Towels ages ago. If you haven’t tried them, they are plain white and feel like cloth. The higher quality is immediately noticeable, and basically, we are in love.
When I was asked to attend a local event to learn more about the Viva® Vantage® towel (post sponsor!), I was totally game because I already knew it was a brand I love. Even though we try not to use too many paper towels in favor of cloth napkins and dishrags, there are some things they are just better for.
It was so fun to meet some local bloggers at this event! Our host Kristi had a beautiful spread of snacks for us. We spent awhile chatting and taking pics and then she demonstrated a few tips for making the best of the Viva® Vantage® style towels, which were a 2015 product of the year.
- Place a damp paper towel under wooden cutting boards to keep them in place
- Use instead of a colander to rinse and scrub fruits & veggies – its stretchy strength means it won’t break
- Keep your flowers fresher by wrapping a wet paper towel around the stems
- Polish glasses, clean mirrors – anything you want to shine
- Get grime off your stove using the great scrubbing power of the V-Flex Weave™
After the difficult business of socializing and product testing, it was definitely snack time. Mmm.
What other kitchen switches have you made lately? Inspired by this, I’ve decided to try out a few more that are cheap and easy. Some are for function, and some are just making me happy. Here’s what I’m going to try:
- Buy fancy dish soap once, then reuse the pretty bottle.
- Add plants to the windowsill and top of the fridge.
- Photo magnets. So much neater than all the paper photos I have up there now.
- Use a silverware caddy. It will look nice on the counter, be functional, and free up a drawer for kids’ plates and bowls.
- Hang a whiteboard for meal planning. I do the meal plan but need to have it in front of my face in the kitchen so I don’t forget to prep ingredients!
I’d love to hear about some of your kitchen switches, and let me know if you decide to try out the great scrubbing power of Viva® Vantage®!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Viva® Vantage®, but all opinions are my own.