I just took this quiz that estimates your life expectancy. Mine is 89 years! That’s pretty good, but I also found that I can:
>Add 2 years to my life by lessening my sources of stress
>Add 2 years to my life by taking 81 mg of aspirin every day
>Add 4 years to my life by eliminating fast foods from my diet
>Add 1/2 a year to my life by cutting out unhealthy snacks
>Add 5 years to my life by increasing my exercise regimen to 6-7 days a week
>Add 1/2 a year to my life by getting appropriate blood tests annually
>Add 1/2 a year to my life by getting my blood sugar checked
If I did all this I could live to be 103.5 years old! Then again, I could drop dead before the end of the day. Regardless, let’s analyze my situation:
1. My current sources of stress are school and finances. In one year I’ll be done with school and I’ll be making the big bucks. Therefore I will have no more stress in my life.
2. I don’t think the aspirin really pertains to me at 25 years old. Maybe when I reach 30 I’ll start taking it.
3. I had McDonald’s last night. But! I had the apple dippers instead of fries and apple juice instead of Coke! So that’s something, right?
4. Is 5 scoops of ice cream with chocolate syrup unhealthy?
5. Well I can tell you right now that the 7 days a week suggestion is not going to happen. I’m exercising 3 days a week right now, so maybe I’ll just start with moving it up to 4. Two days with soccer games, and then a day of bike riding and a day of yoga should do it. Yoga totally counts.
6-7. These two can be combined. I hate having my blood drawn, but I think I could handle it once a year.
What’s your life expectancy? What’s the major way in which you could increase it?