- Gave my tithe to my church
- Paid a huge chunk of money on my credit card bill
- Car insurance and phone bills
- Miscellaneous gas and food
- Donated to my four monthly charities (Compassion, Tabor College, support for two friends who are missionaries)
- Bought my cousin’s wife a baby shower gift
- Bought the CD Ampersand by Derek Webb and Sandra McCracken
- Paid to have my address changed on my driver’s license
- Premarital counseling
- Bought Coldplay tickets. Yes!
Still have some to spare! I’m liking this “real job” thing. Even though it does wear me out, it’s also very fulfilling. I had the option of taking the holiday off, but I chose instead to work to save up more personal time. I was a little jealous when David texted me at 11 a.m. saying he had just woken up. I responded, “Do you realize that you’ve had a full night’s sleep since I got up this morning?” I didn’t have much sympathy when he told me he was still tired!
Busy weekend ahead of me, and I hope to have much to report at the end of it!