Well my crazy girl is three. We had a casual family party in the park for her on Saturday evening. There was picnic food and cake. An awesome jungle gym and plenty of room to run around. Uncle Scott led the kids on a nature hike where the highlight was throwing sticks in the creek and looking for frogs. Even though Meredith spent the first half of the party subdued because of a bug bite that puffed her hand up, she eventually rallied and had a blast hanging out with all her favorite people.
Then on Sunday, her actual birthday, we kept things pretty routine but she did get some extra treats, gifts from us, and more cousin play time which is her absolute favorite. She enjoyed looking through all her new gifts and playing with them by piling them all around her and “making a house.” Who cares how you’re really supposed to play the games and puzzles, right? It ended up being a perfect summer weekend.
So far three years old is keeping me on my toes. I can tell you that the word “threenager” was invented for a reason, but she has personality for sure! One minute it’s “leave me alone!” and the next it’s “I wanna hold you.” She is fiercely independent and stubborn. Does not like to be ignored. Is shy at first and hangs back, but comes out of her shell quickly with a little attention. She is silly and has some pretty great jokes. Kind and cuddly. Loving and attentive to her baby brother. I can’t wait to see what the rest of life has in store for her, but for now she can stay little for awhile longer.
An Interview With Meredith On the Occasion of Her Third Birthday:
1. What is your favorite color? Pink
2. What is your favorite toy? Glasses (swim goggles), kitty cat candy, books
3. What is your favorite fruit? Apples
4. What is your favorite tv show? Frozen (she has never seen Frozen)
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch? Chicken
6. What is your favorite outfit? Blue shirt (the one she was wearing)
7. What is your favorite game? Nursery rhymes
8. What is your favorite snack? Goldfish. We don’t have any goldfish? (No.) Why? We didn’t bring some?
9. What is your favorite animal? Cow. Moooo
10. What is your favorite song? Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so…(keeps singing)
11. What is your favorite book? Nursery rhymes
12. Who is your best friend? Liam
13. What is your favorite cereal? Cheerios
14. What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play bubbles
15. What is your favorite drink? Chocolate milk
16. What is your favorite holiday? Tuesday
17. What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Creeper, books
18. What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Eggs
19. What do you want for dinner on your birthday? Shasha (she starts talking nonsense and laughing)
20. What do you want to be when you grow up? Ms. Pari (her teacher)
Love you the most, Meredith. <3