Another really busy month is finished and I’m behind on writing this post. In February:
- I turned 36
- Lent began, and I celebrated the Rites of Sending & Election with the Catholic Church
- My parked car was hit on the street and spent two weeks in the shop
- We threw a birthday party for our two cats
- I had a friend visit from Norway (who I had never met in person) and we went to Austin for a girls’ weekend
- David got a CPAP for his sleep apnea and his life was changed
Much of the above I wish I could dedicate entire posts to, but this will have to suffice since I am just now getting caught up with life.
And here is a recap of my February goals:
- Renew RN license – Done!
- Renew driver’s license – Done!
- Pantry challenge with Jess – Yes, and I stayed under my goal of $400.
- Go on a date – Yes! We went out to eat and saw a movie, plus we had the kids spend the night at my in-laws’ house so we had extra time together.
- Go to Al-Anon – Once again, I didn’t do this. Apparently it’s not a priority? Even though I know it would be good for me and David, it’s really hard to find the time. Dropping it from my list for now and will rethink it.
- Birthday list – Mostly done! A few things had to be rescheduled to March due to coordinating with a friend.
- Prep for Ranveig’s visit and Austin trip – Prepared, went, and enjoyed thoroughly!
March is shaping up to be a lot calmer than the last two months. I will have a friend in town for spring break, Lent is in full swing, and Holy Week is the last week of the month. Other than that, it should be normal life, so I should have time to devote to personal things.
- Read a spiritual or recovery book
- Celebrate first confession
- Complete Jesus Tree ornaments
- Go on a date
- No sweets
- Try a bedtime read-aloud with the kids
- Minimal personal spending