I absolutely loved the month of March! I was the happiest I have been maybe ever, the weather was simply gorgeous, and I officially became Catholic which was one of the highlights of my entire life. Also in March:
- I finally got my phone screen repaired
- My friend Sarah was in town for spring break and we went to the zoo together
- We celebrated several birthdays including my brother-in-law, my niece, and a couple friends
- I saw the doctor about my migraines
- My best friend had her baby shower
- We brought the daycare class guinea pigs home for a weekend
- Lots of beautiful church services for Holy Week
- David and I had our marriage convalidated
Here is a recap of my March goals:
- Read a spiritual or recovery book – I read Breathing Underwater by Richard Rohr which is a spiritual recovery book, so I hit both in one.
- Celebrate my first confession – Done and it was wonderful.
- Complete Jesus Tree ornaments – Not yet, but I made a lot of progress!
- Go on a date – We did! We saw the movie Game Night and it was a lot of fun.
- No sweets – Yes, although I probably overcompensated by eating a lot more bagels and toast. :)
- Try a bedtime read-aloud with the kids – I’m so happy about this! We read most of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and the kids are loving it. I think this is definitely a new part of our routine.
- Minimal spending – Total fail! Ha. I wasn’t resolved on this one anyway, so I probably should have left it off.
april monthly goals
- Do taxes
- Complete Jesus Tree ornaments
- Go on a date
- Read four books (one spiritual)
- Go to confession (I want to make it a regular part of my life)
From Sarah K:
I made the blog! It was awesome to see you in real life. =)
After reading this post, I checked out “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory” from the library. My boys are loving it. Thanks for the idea and inspiration! :)