Now that I’ve pretty much gotten settled into my new routine, I took stock of my life and decided that there are a few things that I need to focus on in the immediate future, and here they are.
Study for (and pass!) the OCN exam.
This is a priority. I take the oncology certification test on November 30, and I really need to pass. First of all, I’m taking the day off work for it, and I will be SO embarrassed if I come back the next day having failed. But mostly, it cost $265 to apply to take, and another $250 for a review course. If I pass, I get reimbursed. That’s a big incentive.
Get Cleo back in shape.
My favorite pup has become a fatty. Recently I saw this picture of her from a few years back:
And this is her now (oh the shame):
So I’ll be upping the amount of walks and trips to the dog park and switching to “healthy weight” food. Poor girl can’t help it that she has a terrible metabolism.
Prepare for Christmas!
I’d like to go into December with a good handle on all things Christmas. It’s my favorite holiday, and I don’t want it to be stressful. These are some things I want to get done sooner rather than later:
- Finalize my wish list
- Figure out what to give my family and search for deals
- Have a complete list of names & addresses for people to send cards, and make significant progress on getting them out
- Learn to make apple cider
- Make an advent calendar (this will involve some very simple sewing but I am kind of petrified)
- Put up a tree and decorate!
What are you focusing on these days?