Today is my birthday! I am 33. I love the number 3 so I just know this is going to be a good year. And Meredith is excited because she thinks I’m the same age as her. ;)
I wanted to do a fun post to commemorate the day. There isn’t anything special going on because I have to work and am going to Bible study tonight; and in fact, it was a terrible morning, the worst in recent memory and I already cried once (ah parenthood!), but I am trying to move past that. Last weekend we went out to eat at Cheesecake Factory with my family, my work had a birthday lunch for me yesterday with cake, and this weekend we’ll be having a birthday dinner with David’s family. So that is all really fun.
Here are some things that were on my birthday wish list. I’m definitely not getting them all, but wanted to share regardless:
1. There are some makeup products I’ve been wanting to try. Using a gift card I purchased this mascara (I needed a new bottle and wanted to see if this measures up to my favorite) and got a sample of this tinted moisturizer. So far I’m loving it and I have the full size on the way. I have also been noticing in the past year that my brows are kind of thinning so I’d like to try out some sort of brow…pencil? I don’t know what you call it because I have never ventured into this arena before. Anyway, this is the one I think I’m going to purchase at some point.
2. I just really, really want to treat myself and wear amazing underwear. A set of these briefs is expensive but I’ve been saving up and I think I might take the plunge.
3. Knitting classes and supplies. I already mentioned that my mom is getting me this. It’s even more special because it’s something we will do together.
4. Earrings. I am a stud-wearing girl, but I seem to always be losing one earring so at the moment I only have a pair of gold ones that I love. I mostly wear silver though, so I really want some small studs like this.
5. Spa services. Pedicure, massage. Always appreciated.
6. A running jacket. This looks like a good one. Right now I’m borrowing one from a friend but I’d like to get myself fully geared up for year-round running. (I’d also like more tank tops and shorts for summer as well as a new sports bra.)
I didn’t want David to really spend money on me because we are trying to be smart financially, but he did get me flowers and a super sweet card and a Starbucks gift card. He can’t help but treat me a little bit and I love him for it! What I asked for from him is for us both to take this Myers-Briggs personality type test, and then to discuss our results in depth while on a date (which is happening this weekend). I feel like we know each other pretty well, but I think this will be fascinating and informative, while also helping us communicate better and strengthen our marriage. I asked for this for my birthday so he would be sure to say yes! To me it sounds super fun, but I know he might not think so. ;)
How do you like to celebrate your birthday? I used to try to celebrate all week (a la Gilmore Girls) but it’s gotten harder to do so as I get older and have more responsibilities. But I still do love birthdays. :)