Hello hello! We’ve been staying busy, and here are a few things that we’ve been up to:
- Got a new car (last photo). David’s truck was past the point of saving so we bit the bullet and went to Carmax and came home with a 2014 Mazda5. He is letting me drive it, so I’m trying not to think about the car payment and just enjoying having a new car. I do really love it, even if it is approaching minivan territory.
- Started weekly Financial Peace University classes (Dave Ramsey). Bad timing to take on new debt but since there was no other option we are just focusing on making progress from here on out!
- My work is still inconsistent and unpredictable, so I’ve done some commuting to the medical center and working in other units.
- Dealing with difficult bedtime & sleeping situations with the kids. There is always some sort of struggle and either one or both of us ends up sleeping badly.
- I’ve been having a ton of fun with the new adventure of It Works. Love the products, love the company, love that there is real earning potential to help my family. AND I already got to reconnect with my friend Chelsea, not to mention meet some other awesome girls. Hoping to share more about this in a full post soon!
- No crafting at ALL . Just no time. Maybe this coming weekend!
- Reading way too many books at one time and can’t seem to finish anything.
- The normal shenanigans – jumping on the bed, eating the “smelly” markers, visiting the cousins, tea parties, and more. David attempted to carve a pumpkin with Meredith and you can see the result above. He really tried, and all I could say was, “Bless your heart.” Couldn’t stop smiling. :)
Around here it still feels like summer and I haven’t made any plans for my kids’ Halloween costumes. How about you??