I’m reporting to you after what felt like a very long week, and rarely have I been more grateful for a 3-day weekend with zero plans.
Liam was sick with fever for two whole weeks. What started as a virus led to an ear infection and then to a stubborn sinus infection. I mean, 17-month-olds barely even have sinuses, but whatever Liam has wasn’t very happy. You can imagine that he also wasn’t sleeping well and was pretty fussy.
Thanks to incredible support from my mom, mother-in-law, and of course my husband, I only missed one day of work and went in late another day. It’s stressful because I have already been “verbally warned” about unscheduled days off at work even though I’m doing the best that I can with a son who has been sick literally ten different times in the past half year. Obviously, I am so grateful that his illnesses aren’t major and that I have a job – and my director is so understanding, she even hated to give me the warning but she has to be fair. So that’s been the undercurrent of life lately – classic working mom probs.
Some other stuff I’ve been thinking about…
- Establishing a solid strength training routine
- Meredith’s 4th birthday party – it’s just for family (25-ish people) at the park. What’s the cheapest way to feed everyone (no grills)?
- A good night’s sleep…I daydream about it.
- Ice cream. I want it all the time.
- How to spend as little time in the kitchen as possible.
Alright, let’s have a great, restful weekend and meet back here on Monday. Sound good? Okay!